Monday, November 14, 2011

Song of the Day



Kraut and I are pretty into music, and we listen to just about everything. I love to sing all the time and I can carry a tune, but I was not blessed with impressive skills by any means. However, that has never stopped me. In fact, if you are ever next to a red head in a 2011 blue Ford Fiesta that looks like she is jamming out, its quite possibly me! I also sing a lot to our dog JJ because he never judges me...in fact he actually likes my singing (of course I usually change the words and make the songs about him). In regular conversation with Kraut or close friends (people that know me and won't think I'm totally nutty), I often burst out into song when it somehow applies to the conversation. Kraut and I have termed it my "soundtrack of life".

We do a lot of road biking and usually there is a song that pops to mind while I'm out riding. It usually comes to me when I'm really trying to push myself to speed up or make it up a tough hill and need some inspiration. The other day it was a gorgeous day for a ride, so Kraut and I went out with a group of about 6 or 7 people. It was pretty windy and it had been a while since I'd been out on my bike, so it slowed me down a bit. I was trying not to lag behind the group and Kraut was being sweet about sticking with me. At one point he asked me how I was doing, and I said I'm fine...today's song on the soundtrack of life is "Hot Blooded" and I started singing the chorus. It was a great song of the day, so I thought I'd share with you and I would just like to thank the band Foreigner for me getting me through my 30 mile ride!!

~Crawfish


P.S. I've been doing lots of cooking and taking lots of pictures lately. I've made some great Cajun dishes, so I promise to share my gumbo recipe asap!

No comments:

Post a Comment